Wednesday, January 22, 2014

:-: CASUAL OUTFITS FOR A HECTIC WEEK :-:


What a busy month this has been!  So much happened to me in a one-week period that I haven’t had a chance to plan an updated blog post.  However, I really want to keep track of the things I’ve been doing in my new city, so here’s a quick recap:

First was a trip to the LA Zoo.  In my opinion, there were too many monkeys and birds and not enough cats.  But I had a fun time nonetheless (the kettle corn and churros didn’t hurt, either).  After the zoo, we had dinner beforeI headed to the airport.  

I flew to the Bay Area for a couple of days, but as soon as I got back, it was dinner at Trastevere.  I always pass by this place and have been wanting to try it, so crossed off the list it is!  I preferred the menu at the Hollywood & Highland location over the menu at the Santa Monica location.  We started with the beef carpaccio, but we were so hungry that our appetizer escaped having its picture taken.  The carpaccio wasn’t the traditional style, but I liked it.  I had the caprese salad, which had a new twist: olives!  M had a breaded chicken dish with an arugula salad.  Both dishes were light and tasted very fresh, so all in all it was a good experience.  




Next up was the California ScienCenter.  I got a chance to tour the space museum and see the Space Shuttle Endeavour!  The museum was filled with pictures and videos of the shuttle being transported through the streets of LA to the museum, which was really interesting.
The outfits I wore to the zoo and the museum were both really casual, so I’ll just focus on the tops I wore.  At the zoo, I wore a Splendid cotton blouse which is one of my favorites because it’s super comfy and it goes with practically everything.  The only downside is that it wrinkles if you even look at it the wrong way.  I’m not one to spend a lot of money on a plain white top, but this one is definitely worth the investment.  At the museum, I wore a blouse from Anthropologie that has beautiful lace detailing on the back.  The style of this blouse is a bit loose, so I belted it to keep the shape around my waist (but it looks nice without a belt, too).  This is a great top because it’s lightweight but still keeps me warm.

      

Both of these tops help me feel comfortable without looking too comfortable.  You know what I mean, right?  Say hello to my new wardrobe staples!

No comments:

Post a Comment