Tuesday, January 7, 2014

:-: LOTS OF LIGHTS :-:



I love going on rides and I can never have enough dessert, so Santa Monica is always on my checklist of places to visit.  We started off the night by riding the ferris wheel.  The lights on the ferris wheel are so bright; I had no idea it was solar powered!  I tried to take a picture when I was leaving the pier, but it didn’t come out clearly.  I’m still figuring out how to take nighttime pictures on my new camera, but my photos will improve ... eventually.



Next was shopping and dinner at Third Street Promenade, which was followed by crepes!! Yes, Cafe Crepe merits two exclamation marks.  One for their crepes and another for their whipped cream.  Sooo yummy.  Below is a picture of my lovely strawberry, banana and nutella crepe with plenty of whipped cream on the side.  Nothing was wasted.

   

The last part of the evening was an exciting surprise! I got to see the Urban Light Collection at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art.  I’ve seen these lights in movies before, but it’s so much prettier in person!  It was a lot of fun walking through all of the lights - definitely something to see if you’re in the area.




Sweater: J Crew 
Blouse: Guess
Pants: Rich & Skinny 
Shoes: Delman (similar here)
Ring: Henri Bendel (similar here
And, of course: The Pink Coat

No comments:

Post a Comment