Thursday, February 27, 2014

:-: A DIFFERENT SIDE OF MELROSE :-:

A new type of LA adventure: The Melrose Trading Post.




Growing up, these weekly events were called flea markets, but people seem to prefer the term "swap meet" here.  All swap meets have the same general look and feel to them, but this one was a little different because it's set up at a high school instead of an open parking lot.  Most of the tents were spread out on the lower level of the courtyard, and there were a handful of food stands on the upper level.  None of the food I tried was worth blogging about, so no food pics in this post.  On a side note, I only blog about food that I like; if you've been reading my posts, I don't think everything I eat is amazing.

Despite the lack of good snacks, it's always fun to see how people interact and bargain with one another, which is one of the best parts about swap meets.  Anyway, I knew I'd be walking around a lot, so I just threw on some leggings and an old tunic from H&M then slid some comfy flip flops on my feet.

I didn't see anything I wanted until I was just about to leave.  I ended up buying a vintage Coro necklace which still had its tag attached.


Whenever I buy jewelry at a swap meet, I usually take it home and disinfect it before I start wearing it (you never know...).  But since this necklace was in like new condition and I thought it was so cute, I put it on as soon as I bought it.  

  
And to keep the day moving, this swap meet is right by the Melrose Avenue shopping and dining area, so there's plenty to do.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment