Thursday, February 13, 2014

:-: ANCHORS AWEIGH! :-:

Ever since I first laid eyes on Equipment's anchor print blouses, I've been wanting one.  Nautical themes are always fun, but I just haven't been able to part with $248 for a blouse.

Yes, Equipment blouses are excellent quality, but I have a tendency of ruining my clothes.  I can't tell you how many times I've snagged an article of clothing right after cutting off the price tag, or not paying attention to the washing instructions and sticking "dry clean only" items in the washing machine.  Big mistake.

It's easier for me to justify purchases involving shoes and purses because they're less prone to being ruined from my clumsiness (not so much washing errors anymore; I've learned from those mistakes).  But getting back on track…


Equipment Annabelle Blouse
$248
Zara Anchor Print Shirt
$69.90


The Equipment blouse is 100% silk and the anchor print is large, whereas the Zara top is 100% Viscose, it doesn't have any pockets and the anchor print is very, very tiny.  Below is a closer look of the anchor print on the Zara top.




I'm aware that these two blouses are nothing alike (except for the fact that they have anchor prints), but I do like the flowiness and hi-lo design of the Zara top.  It satisfies my desire for an anchor print blouse, and it's a more casual alternative to the Equipment blouse.  I've been searching for a top with this design for about a year, so I figured it was worth posting this in case someone else was in the same boat as me.  Haha.  Get it?  Yeah, not that funny.  But hopefully this was helpful!





No comments:

Post a Comment