Thursday, March 13, 2014

:-: I WAS AN OUTLAW :-:

I've found some good Hollywood burgers.  But last week, I became an outlaw when I strayed from the typical burgers found around my area.

It was huge.  It was stuffed.  It was an outlaws burger.

The Outlaws burger is a 1-lb. burger.  The next size down is the 1/2 lb. Bandito burger.  

I had a burger that started with an "M" (I can't remember the name), which is the 1/3 lb. version, but it has all of the same ingredients.  So technically, I was a mini outlaw.  Close enough.


The restaurant used good quality spiced beef which was stuffed with bleu cheese (which I couldn't really taste), grilled mushrooms, grilled garlic, grilled onions and bits of jalapeño bacon.  As if that wasn't enough, it also had lettuce, tomatoes, raw onions, smoked chipotle cheese and two huge pieces of jalapeño bacon.  Oh yeah, and deep fried grilled onion strings.  All of this was placed on a pretzel bun.  And save room for the ginormous potato wedges and ranch dressing that comes with your meal.

The food was greasy and heavy but I liked it.  Oddly enough, I didn't feel nauseated after I left.  Go figure.

AND since it was my first time at the restaurant, the server called me an Outlaw virgin and threw in a free brownie that had cinnamon, nutmeg and cayenne pepper mixed in.  I only ate about two-thirds of my one-pound burger, so I gobbled up my entire brownie (surprise, surprise).  I might have eaten some of M's brownie and taken the rest of it to go.  Might have.


If you're ever in Van Nuys, which is about 10 miles north of Hollywood, you might want to check out Outlaws Cafe.  I'm glad I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment