Thursday, April 24, 2014

:-: RUN RUN RUN RUN RUNYON :-:

I'll admit:  I didn't actually run through Runyon Canyon, but I did manage to get in a pretty good hike.

If you're trying to get healthier and exercise, this place will give you some inspiration.  A lot of people here are super tan and fit / buff, so it's good motivation -- at least for the getting in shape part -- not necessarily the tanning (the sun and I have some issues; it likes to burn me, regardless of how much sunblock I put on and how often I re-apply).

When I finished the hike and changed out of my clothes, it looked like I was still wearing my sports bra.  Ugh.  Skin protection fail.  I should have re-applied sunblock more often.  Thank goodness for aloe vera gel.

But enough complaining.  Once you get to the top of the Canyon, there are some really nice views of Los Angeles.

Hollywood & Downtown L.A.

 My camera doesn't have crazy zoom abilities, but hopefully this will give you an idea of how nice it looks in person.  And instead of sitting in front of your laptop and deciding that just looking at a photo of Runyon Canyon will suffice, maybe you'll go and check it out for yourself.

It's always better in real life.

The Hollywood Sign & Griffith Observatory

Thanks for reading!  Maybe I'll see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment