Wednesday, May 28, 2014

:-: WHISKEY FLIGHTS?! :-:

I'd never had a whiskey flight.  Until last Saturday's trip to Spoonful, that is.


I started with a mint julep.  I tried the non-alcoholic version at Disneyland a while back and didn't like it.  I figured a shot of alcohol and some nice refreshing mint would jazz it up a bit.  I was wrong.  It just tasted like bourbon on ice.


I even tried muddling the mint leaves with my straw, but that didn't help, either.


My recommendation? Go for happy hour and fill up on the buffalo shrimp appetizer - which was tastier than my main course - and try a whiskey flight.  


Yelpers say the pecan pie is great, but I'm not really a fan of that type of pie.  The apple bread pudding with vanilla ice cream was really good, but it pales in comparison to another spot in Hollywood that has the best apple pie EVER.  I'll go back there soon and share.


Thanks for reading!






No comments:

Post a Comment