Thursday, January 22, 2015

:-: BE OUR GUEST RESTAURANT :-:




This restaurant is located in Fantasyland - in the Beast's castle!  It's HUGE.  And absolutely beautiful.

If you want to eat here for dinner, you have to make a reservation.
Otherwise you won't get to be their guest! (Haha lame joke.  You know you love it.)


There's a lovely stained glass mosaic upon entering.


If you keep going straight, you end up in the grand ballroom.  The ceiling is hand painted; the cherubs are based off of pictures of some Disney imagineers when they were children.  The gorgeous chandeliers were imported from Italy.  And the back wall makes it look as if it's snowing outside.



To the right is the Rose Gallery, where there's a moving statute of Belle and the Beast dancing.


The best room of all?  It's where I got to eat:  The West Wing!!!
Yes, three exclamation marks.  Because this is where the enchanted rose is located.


The service here was excellent.  And I'm not just saying that because the waiter kept calling me Princess and telling me I could have whatever I want.  I won't lie, it was nice.  Besides, I was in Fantasyland.  This type of treatment is kind of expected.


We started with the charcuterie plate.  The pickled onions were soaked in wine and went so well with the paté.  The whole thing was delicious.  Super yum.  I could eat another one of these right now.


Next up was the sautéed shrimp and scallops entrée.  It was OK.  Nothing special.  I'll try something different next time.  Yes, there will be a next time.


"Try the gray stuff - it's delicious!  Don't believe me?  Ask the dishes."

Or just believe me.  This dessert was a cookies and cream cake with frosting and pearls.  It was crunchy on the outside, but soft in the center.  The frosting was creamy and the pearls were delightful.  Yes, I said delightful.  I'm now on a mission to find more places that serve desserts with these crunchy pearls on them.  The dessert wasn't very sweet, but it was soOoooOoO good.  I could eat another one of these right now, too.


Oh, and you can order adult beverages here.  I think this is the only place in the Magic Kingdom that serves alcohol.

Once you've finished eating, you can take all the time you want to walk around the restaurant and  admire its wonderfulness.  You can even have a photo op with the Beast.  I'm not sure if Belle shows up, too, but she was MIA when I visited.  She probably ran off again.  Oh, Belle.

Thanks for re-visiting my Disney World adventure with me.  It's only appropriate that we end this adventure in Fantasyland, because that's what this vacation felt like.  I'm so sad that this is the last stop, but I had to get back real life eventually…

...Burgers, anyone?  :)

Missed a stop?

:-:  C  :-:

No comments:

Post a Comment