Tuesday, June 9, 2015

:-: ROSIE'S CAFE :-:

Last weekend, M and I attended a beautiful wedding in Lake Tahoe.

While we were there, we stopped at Rosie's Cafe, which had something that I liked so much I pretty much inhaled it.  Seriously.  I was even amazed at how quickly it disappeared.


The first thing I ordered (yes, I ordered two things) was the Eggs News Orleans, which consisted of two deep fried crab cakes covered in poached eggs and drenched in hollandaise sauce, with hash browns on the side.  It was way too heavy on the garlic for my tastebuds, so I'll pass on this if I ever go back.


I'll just keep dreaming about my beloved smoked salmon benedict instead.

For my backup-meal-slash-dessert, I ordered one Swedish Oatmeal Pancake that was topped with applesauce, sour cream and imported lingonberries.  YESSSS!!!  I will now be on the hunt for everything Swedish pancake-related.  I wish I had ordered a full stack.


  So…now that I'm back to blogging, I have to remember to bring my camera with me!  I forgot my digital camera again so these are camera phone pics.  I think I really want a fancy camera, but we'll see if I can justify the cost...

Thanks for reading!

:-:  C  :-:

No comments:

Post a Comment