Friday, November 6, 2015

:-: GUDETAMA x PLAN CHECK :-:

I've been wanting to go back to Plan Check ever since I tried the special pink cheeseburger they had for Hello Kitty Hungry Hunt.


Even though the pink cheeseburger was a bit on the salty side, the pink cheese was a cute touch.  And it did have a good taste, so I wanted to see if someone just had a heavy hand with the salt shaker the day I went.  But, more importantly - it came with a special Hello Kitty burger pin, which is the real reason I went.


So when I saw Instagram posts of the premiere night of Gudetama x Plan Check, I made sure I didnt miss the opening night.  Not only because it had the super cute lazy egg, but more so because the meal came with a Gudetama t-shirt.  


Unlike Hello Kitty Hungry Hunt, there isn't a limited number of shirts given out each day, which means no waiting in ridiculous lines.  $39 will get you the t-shirt and some cute food.

Starter: crispy blanket egg, soy sauce egg, spicy pork belly sausage and miso aioli

Starter [opened up for your viewing pleasure].
The meal also comes with an orange-ginger egg cream soda (not pictured).

I was only able to eat half of my scotch egg (above) the night I went, and it actually tasted much better as leftovers the next day.  But, about one minute after our starters came, the entrĂ©es came.   Greaaat timing.  I mean, it's not like I enjoy chewing my food or anything.

Main: two beef sliders, sunny fried quail egg, cheese two ways, bacon two ways, ketchup leather and hot sauce

On a less sarcastic note, the mini burgers were ridiculously cute.  I mean, who can resist that Gudetama face??  Sadly, all the food I ate tasted like I was licking a block of salt.  M thought it was way salty, too, so I guess that's just how Plan Check seasons their food.  No one else in the restaurant seemed to be bothered, though, so maybe we just have salt issues.  Who knows?

Dessert: chocolate custard pudding and an apricot thumbprint cookie

The dessert was yummy, but it was unnecessarily large.  Yes, I'd rather have too much than not enough, but this just seemed wasteful.  Well, that or I'm just mad that it was the best part of the meal and I didn't have enough space left for dessert because the real [salty] food gave me a tummy ache.  You decide.

Sorry, chocolate custard pudding.  I should have eaten you first.

But seriously, though -- you should probably eat the dessert first.  Then the rest of the meal will probably taste less salty.


I still want to give Plan Check another try one day.  Maybe they'll have another super cute Hello Kitty event; then I'll be back.

Gudetama will be at all Plan Check locations through November 29, 2015.  Let me know if you go!

Thanks for reading!

:-:  C  :-:

No comments:

Post a Comment